Analogous Era: Neolithic
Corresponding Genre: Stone/Desert Punk
Transportation- walking, jinn flight
Medicine-ointment, poultice, herbalism
Cooking-open fire, smoking, roasting
Communication- Jinn’s natural telepathic field (Soniferous Ether)
Weaponry- spears, slings, single target element spells
- Currently one continent with emerald mountains, planet is named Kaf and moon is named Qarin.
- Pioneer Jinn bring various plants and animals with them to inhabit the barren land and provide food and aesthetics.
- Jinn in the sand dunes areas without access to bio-fuels, made homes of adobe and used solar cookers comprising of polished obsidian
- In addition, Jinn also bring stone tools like spears/axes/arrowheads/spears, pigments, domestication of animals and farming, pottery and ceramics, crafting papyrus paper.
- Storms composed of unstable mana frequently ravage lands as a by-product of the Realm’s creation.
- Pioneer Jinn are forced to build shelters of rammed earth to escape passing storms.
- Jinn discover creating corporeal bodies (avatars) provide some resistance to mana turbulence during foraging or herding.
- Mana storms attracted large packets of spiritual energy called Anima from Earth which caused scattered ether-spatial rifts (basically magic portals) to form in various places.
- Jinn bring along various faiths, including Jinn Islam, Zoroastrianism, and a few following Shaitanism/Iblis-ism
- To escape the threat of mana storms and their fallout, a large tribe of Jinn escape to a rare comet during a shower of them in the night sky. Eventually they land on a large nearby dwarf planet and set up their own society, known from them on as Al-Ghul while those who remain on Kaf are the Djinn.
- Social hierarchy within Jinn society are quickly broken down to everyone being equally response for keeping their group alive.
- Wheels were brought by Jinn from Earth but due to their natural flight, they mostly stay as playthings and toys for children.
- Canoe boats were also brought over as luxuries for jinn who found time to relax .
- Spiritual anima energy pools into Kaf providing the primordial spark for new forms of spirit creatures
- Settled land of jinn is named Jinnistan and step up as the first country, in the rain shadow desert near the mountains.
- Jinn discover their corporeal bodies can copulate, experience the sensation of sexual pleasure, and produce multiple jinn offspring in a single birth.
- Hot springs have been used for bathing by Jinn lucky enough to find groundwater.
Update: Oh, here are Video Clips from Thought Bubble giving a glimpse of the era’s real world inspirations. If you want to watch the full videos, they come with the link:
Posted on November 19, 2014, in Arcane Realm, Timeline and History and tagged alien planet, arcane realm, crash course, desert punk, djinn, history, neolithic, Soniferous Ether, stone punk, thought cafe, timeline, world building. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.