Post War Government Reconstruction
Analogous Era: Industrial/Victorian under Feudal System
Power- water-wheel, clockwork, steam engine
Transportation-clockwork powered carriage, hot air balloon, steam locomotive, steam wagon, horse carriage, bicycle
Medicine-physical therapy, painkillers, inoculation, splints & traction, amputation
Cooking- cheese making, brewery, hearth cooking, communal oven, pit barbeque
Food storage-taverns, smokehouses, ice houses, pantry
Communication- telegraph, typewriter, printing press, gramophone, pamphlets
Weaponry-rapiers, broadswords, automatic crossbows, flintlocks, scimitars, bucklers, knuckle dusters, gauntlets, greaves
- Fairy (some; Seelie)
- Homin (few;Forest)
- Dryad (few)
- Huli Jing
- Genius Loci
- Efforts to reconstruct the government of the remaining jinn species is reconstructed after a revolution during the last of the wars. Legislation for the integration of djinn races are passed and implemented in major walks of society like employment, education, transportation.
- The environment becomes stable enough that non-jinn can set up small settlements like hamlets and attempt to return to sedentary living.
- People of towns and villages are hired to create or distribute pamphlets, unbound (and therefore inexpensive) booklets intended for wide circulation. Pamphlets were used to broadcast the writer’s opinions: to articulate a political ideology, for example, or to encourage people to vote for a particular politician.
- With many habitats in disarray from the environment, various fairy communities come together to restore and improve the health of and protect the ecosystems their habitat. Eventually they came to greatly improve the sustainability and biodiversity of their territories leading to their way of life to revolve around maintaining the animals, plants and preparing them and the land for the transition between seasons.
- Fairy nobles claim what was left behind by Faerie courts of the past that roamed the grasslands, mountains, and tundra.
- With the land cleared of most faye and large magical beasts, Homins began to settle into new territories. They learned that by carrying the seeds of trees, they could plant them in other areas and spread large trees into the savanna and the tall grass plains.
- For safety and for defense, remaining people formed small communities around a central lord or master. Most consisted of being under one race although a few included those of other species.
- The king or queen of a region awarded land grants or “fiefs” to their most important nobles, barons, and bishops, in return for their contribution of soldiers for the king’s armies. “Vassals” were the position of people who defended the areas from enemy groups. At the lowest echelon of society were the peasants, also called “serfs”. In exchange for living and working on his land, known as the “demesne,” the lord offered his peasants protection.
- Deep wetland niches are taken up by emerging brackish merfolk and various lamia communities respectively. Lamia also travel and spread into arid regions like deserts as well. Harpies expand into the mountain ranges, open plains, and deep jungles. As these species are consisted monsters by larger society, their territory is separated from town and villages and generally ignored. Species like these are referred to as monstrous humanoids.
- Many parishes and places would set up species segregation regulations to ”protect their peasants and nobles from malicious influence” which included anti-miscegenation laws meant to keep fairies and homins from breeding with the monstrous humanoids.
- Late in the Era, peace and order grew and as a result, peasants began to expand their farms and villages further into the countryside. Most merchants were peddlers who went from village to village selling their goods. As the demand for goods increased–particularly for the gems, silks, metal alloys and other luxuries they became more familiar with complex issues of trade, commerce, accounting, and contracts.
- With the advent of trade and commerce, feudal life declined. As the tradesmen became wealthier, they resented having to give their profits to their lords.
- Alchemists experimented with the effects of magic on steam based technology. This led to the increase of energy output from various models of steam engines; results spurred interest in the possible results that would come with other sources for engines and motors.
- Steam engine took root in urban areas while the country side continued with water mills.
- First psychology laboratory opens and credited with establishing psychology as an academic discipline. Early schools include functionalism and structuralism, but the school of psychoanalysis becomes the most influential in society.
- (Qarin) Fairy
- Celestials (Lunar)
- Lunarians are underground in stasis maintained by machines created by their deceased parents and guardians.
- Qarin fairy are released from their stasis before the lunarians awake; they locate the fallen and isolated communities of Gyoto henge.
- Qarin Fairy work with the remaining Gyoto and Lunar celestials to restore the various ecosystems of Qarin so they can continue to support life.
- The fairies find a community of the last elves in existence in the valley and give them the opportunity to help rebuild the world.
Posted on February 16, 2015, in Arcane Realm, Timeline and History and tagged alchemy, arcane realm, environmentalism, fantasy world, feudalism, germ theory, psychology, steam engine, steam locomotive, steam power, steampunk, timeline, world building. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.