Significant/Fantastic Metals and Alloys
Posted by jdtcreates
Medieval fantasy settings are always going on about their metallurgy, sometimes even using metals that only exist in fiction. Well the Arcane Realm tales may most range from the steam to contemporary era, but I don’t see why I can have my own version. Here are the significant metals and alloys of the Arcane Realm.
- Disorient faye and jinn perception by interfering with their magnetoception.
- Lightweight metal yet strength relative to titanium
- Resistant to magical energy discharges
- glorius durability
- pretty good magical focus for rapiers, bucklers, parrying weapons, arrows, bows, wands, staves, armor, etc.
- Can act as a room temperature semiconductor with a steady mana supply
- Hardest non-brittle metal
- Stronger than diamond
- stone-like quality
- denser than most metals
- more durable, but only to make up for its increased density so it doesn’t break itself
- strong resistance to heat
- cracks slowly repair themselves to an extent, “flowing” so maces, buildings, axes, tower shields, bullets, etc. >
Cold Iron- Iron alloy cold forged with traces of magic infused gemstones
- Suck out magoi from many beings with innate magic with a burning/stinging sensation
- Can touch etheric matter and creatures like spirits