The Beauty of Flaws
For those who don’t know, I enjoy a Cartoon Network show known as Steven Universe.
Actually enjoy is an understatement but instead of fan gushing, let me get straight to the point of my post. A recent episode ” Historical Friction” the main character Steven learns from his friend Jamie why having a character in a play that is perfect and never struggles is ultimately boring. He later goes on to share this with one of his foster mothers, Pearl and how satisfying it is when a character who makes mistakes keeps trying and doesn’t give up until they reach their goal. (Which resonates with her especially since the show had a week of episodes revolving around a story arc where Pearl angered her friend Garnet by lying to spend more time with her.)
Something I took from this was making a list of my personal flaws that could come up via personal reflection and comments from people close to me. It’s tough exposing your hang ups especially on the internet but here they are:
- Unrelentingly push side in argument past point of interest
- Try too hard to yield to other side if other side is close to me
- Prone to procrastination
- Inconsiderate of other side in argument
- Bad at keeping touch with friends I don’t see everyday or long distance
- Rather find personal hobbies or entertainment than seeking a possibly good time with others
- React to criticism of habits/character with excuses or sarcasm, constructive or otherwise
- Reluctance to changing routine despite bouts of longing for participating in things with others
Sometime next week, I will post the opposite, my strengths that I think makes me great. (Something else an episode of this show touches upon).